Why Study Tables are Important For Your Kids?
The studying environment plays a crucial role in determining how much your child is able to learn, especially in a virtual environment, amidst the pandemic. It has a direct relationship with your child’s ability to concentrate and focus on tasks designed by the teacher. While having a separate study area is ideal, homes in Mumbai generally do not allow us to have this due to space constraints and large families. A great alternative for this is the folding table which can be easily used by a child or any family member. The fact that it is mobile, flexible, light weight and height appropriate makes it a great addition to your inventory!
In the absence of a dedicated studying area, children typically sit on their bed or on the floor , with their devices way below their eye level. When sitting on a bed, they tend to feel more relaxed, comfortable and lazy, as a result making them feel more sleepy and sluggish. When sitting on the floor, they need to bend down for extended periods of time, resulting in awkward postures and lack of movement. The floor often feels cold and restrictive, as a result building up restless energy in children.
The benefits of using a basic study table are huge in the long run. To list a few,
- Use of a study table, even if a folding one, warrants an erect posture thus taking care of a child’s spinal alignment and avoid backaches in the long run
- An erect posture helps to retain attention and concentrate better
- It allows to easily transition between devices whether a laptop or a tablet, and books when everything is at the eye level
- The hands are rested better and always in relaxed positions suited for working, hence allowing a wider range of movement
- It helps create an atmosphere of school, although virtual, where students feel more inclined to work and there are higher chances of them taking their classwork and homework seriously
A small informal observation from our last virtual academic year has shown that students who did have a dedicated work space or a study table during school hours and after for their asynchronous work, were able to produce better results, concentrate better and completed their tasks faster as compared to those who either sat in their beds or on the floor with their devices at ground level.
We highly recommend all parents to invest in a small folding table, to complement the learning environment for their children. This will be an investment that will yield benefits immediately. Here are a few options that can be considered. The investment value could range between INR 400 – 1500, with many options easily available online.
Let us together, help our children to learn better, engage longer and take care of their physical and mental health, especially in the times of the pandemic!
#school #bestschoolinbhiwandi #experientialeducation #eleducation #correctposture #students #virtuallearning