Our current education system, with its roots firmly in the industrialization era, has hardly changed over the past 100 years. Here are some of its major limitations:
- Education viewed as transmission of facts, rather than a natural, non-linear process of discovery and experience.
- Excessive focus on rote memorization.
- Focus on covering content, not on deeper learning.
- Skills important in work and life not being taught.
- Human values not given importance.
- Child’s natural curiosity and urge to learn getting stifled.
- Education divorced from real world, leading to student disengagement and boredom.